image
Solution
See Problem(s)

SpastoPro: Portable Neurorehab Device for fine motor control

Ahmedabad, India
profile photo
Chintan Vinod Shinde
1 years ago

Description

In India, each year, about 1.8 million people suffer a stroke. Eighty percent of all stroke patients experience some level of Upper limb spasticity. 

While timely treatment can reverse most effects of stroke, fine motor movement such as the one required by fingers is difficult to reverse completely. Most chronic cases reach a dead end after recovering about 70%. However, the remaining 30% fine motor movement greatly affects their activities of daily living (ADLs). Learned non-use t...

Read more

Organization

Alabaster Research and Technologies Private Limited

Budget

8 lakhs

Impact

Deployments

Innovation

SpastoPro is a portable and powered neurorehab device to be used on stroke patients for improvement in fine-motor control of their fingers and wrists. SpastoPro helps physiotherapists and occupational therapists to ensure that patients have greater adherence to functional therapy. It greatly reduces the drudgery experienced by physiotherapists in flexion and extension exercises of fingers and wrists.

Timeline

Pilots

We have conducted trials of multiple prototypes with physiotherapists and are developing the MVP.

Location(s)

Ahmedabad, India

Website

https://www.alabasterresearch.com

Resources Needed

Sectors

Sustainable Development Goals


This solution addresses the following problems.

Problem

Need for improved stroke rehabilitation therapy practices.

profile photo
Created by Administrator


No validations yet.
to validate this solution.
No collaborators yet.
to collaborate on this solution.
Total Visits 140
Unique Visitors 107
Unique Organisations 0
Last Visit June 17, 2024
By Location
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India 1
Ashburn, Virginia, United States of America 13
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India 10
Berlin, Berlin, Germany 14
Boydton, Virginia, United States of America 10
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India 1
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India 1
Columbus, Ohio, United States of America 2
Dallas, Texas, United States of America 30
Des Moines, Iowa, United States of America 2
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada 1
Falkenstein, Sachsen, Germany 5
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India 1
Kollam, Kerala, India 1
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria 1
Los Angeles, California, United States of America 1
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg 1
Mannarakkat, Kerala, India 2
Milan, Lombardia, Italy 1
Mountain View, California, United States of America 8
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 2
Pune, Maharashtra, India 1
Quincy, Washington, United States of America 5
Saint Petersburg, Sankt-Peterburg, Russian Federation 2
Seattle, Washington, United States of America 2
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore 14
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan (Province of China) 2
Taoyuan, Taoyuan, Taiwan (Province of China) 1
Thai Binh, Thai Binh, Viet Nam 1
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India 2
Victoria, Braila, Romania 1